At events, the need for installing the QuickBooks software on the latest system or reinstalling it on the old one can emerge QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Moreover, at such times, users often encounter multiple issues due to missing/damaged MSXML, .NET Framework, and C++ components.
The QB Install Diagnostic Tool helps diagnose and treat such installation-related issues and errors for QuickBooks users and enables them for a trouble-free QB installation.
In this informative post, we’ll go through the benefits of the QB Install Diagnostic tool along with the steps required to fix such issues. So, let’s begin.
Benefits of The QB Install Diagnostic Tool
The QB Install Diagnostic Tool requires minimal effort in diagnosing multiple errors and issues that lead to QB installation issues.
The below table includes the various issues and errors that usually arise during QB installation and can be treated via QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool utilization.
|QuickBooks Error 1402||QuickBooks Error 15106|
|MS .NET Framework Error||QB Error 1722|
|MSXML Damage Error||QB Error 1904|
|QB Error 1935||ABS PDF Driver|
|QB Error 1903||QB Error 1712|
|QB Error 1334||Unrecoverable Desktop Errors|
|Damaged C++ related errors||Error: Can’t verify subscription|
|QB Error 1603||QuickBooks stopped working|
Points To Remember For Utilizing The QB Install Diagnostic Tool
In order to utilize the QB Install Diagnostic Tool to its fullest, users must remember the below-stated points:
- The QB Install Diagnostic Tool can be downloaded via Intuit’s website and QB Tool Hub.
- After installing this tool on your system, ensure to exit any background active programs.
- This tool automatically detects and fixes the error. Therefore, a restart is required.
- Upon utilizing the tool, users may be required to reactivate or re-register their QuickBooks Desktop.
How To Download And Use The QB Install Diagnostic Tool?
Users can navigate to Intuit’s official website and download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from there and then perform the following steps for its utilization:
Step 1: Ensuring general compatibility via the “Connection” tab. – It is required to ensure general compatibility for QuickBooks installation. Therefore, utilize the “Connection” tab for doing so.
Moreover, the “connection” tab enables users to configure QB company data files and assists in scanning the entire system.
Step 2: Verifying Firewall status – At times, the bugs and programs may lead to QB Installation errors which can be fixed through the QB Install Diagnostic Tool.
This tool can automatically scan and fix the firewall error and prevent any QB related error.
Step 3: Ensuring Network connectivity – The QuickBooks installation requires stable network connectivity. Therefore, the QB Install diagnostic tool diagnoses the network connectivity so that the users don’t encounter any installation errors due to it.
Steps For Fixing Installation Errors Via QB Install Diagnostic Tool
In order to treat Installation Errors via the QB Install diagnostic tool, the following steps are required:
Step 1: Downloading The QBTH
The QBTH refers to QuickBooks Tool Hub which is a hub of many useful tools including the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and it can be downloaded by:
- Firstly, exit your QB Desktop.
- Thereafter, download the QBTH via Intuit’s website.
- Next, launch the setup.
- Then, follow instructions.
- Read licenses and conditions.
- Now, finish the installation.
- Finally, reboot your PC and launch the “QBTH”.
Note: In case you can’t locate the QBTH icon on the desktop, search from “Start”.
Step 2: Run QB Install Diagnostic Tool
Now after launching the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” on your system, follow these:
- From the dashboard, visit “Installation Issues”.
- Hit “Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool”.
- Then, let it run.
Note: The scanning process can take up to 15 minutes or more depending on your system’s performance. After that perform a reboot and carry out the next steps.
Step 3: Update Your Windows
Since the Windows Update comes with major bug fixes that can treat and prevent any QuickBooks Installation errors, update your Windows periodically by following:
- Firstly, hold “Win+R”.
- Then, input “Control Panel”.
- Visit “Windows Update”.
- Now check for updates.
- If available, download and install it.
Step 4: Fixing Windows Components Manually
In case the provided steps didn’t work, try fixing the Windows components manually for solving various QB installation-related errors.
Repairing Microsoft .Net Framework
Steps For Windows 8, Win 8.1, and Win 10:
- Firstly, close the active programs.
- Then, hit “Start”.
- Input “Control Panel”.
- Visit “Programs and Features”.
- Tap “Uninstall a Program”.
- Now, hit “Windows-Features On or Off”.
- Finally, enable the .Net Framework.
Repair Microsoft MSXML
64-Bit operating system:
- Firstly, hold “Win+R”.
- Thereafter, type “CMD”.
- Then, press “Enter”.
- Afterwards, type C:/windows/syswow64 followed by “Enter”.
- Now, input regsvr32 MSXML6.dll
- Finally, hit “Enter” and install the QB Desktop.
Step 5: Using Selective Startup
For installing the QuickBooks desktop via selective startup, carry out the below-stated steps:
- Firstly, organize the data.
- Run your system in selective startup mode.
- Uninstall/Install the QB Desktop.
- Finally, return to normal mode.
Steps To Run The System Using Selective Startup Mode
- Firstly, hold “Win+R” for Run box.
- Thereafter, input “MSConfig”.
- Next, hit “Enter” and locate “General” tab.
- Afterwards, tap “Selective-Startup”.
- Now, tick “Hide-MS services”.
- Then, hit “Disable All”.
- Thereafter, ensure to untick the “Hide MS Services.
- Next, checkmark the “Windows Installer” box.
- Finally, tap “Ok” and exit the Window.
Now that the system is active in selective startup mode, users must install QuickBooks using the clean install tool.
Steps For Returning To Normal Startup
After finishing the QuickBooks installation via Selective Startup Mode, users now must return to normal startup. Here’s how:
- Firstly, hold simultaneously “Win+R” for Run.
- Thereafter, type “MSconfig” followed by hitting “Enter”.
- Next, locate/visit “General” tab.
- Now, select “Normal Startup”.
- Finally, hit “Ok” and restart your PC.
Now, your system will return to Normal startup and you can continue working on QuickBooks without worrying about errors such as QuickBooks Error 1722 and other installation-related errors.
We believe this article solved all your queries concerning the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. The download and installation methods outlined in this article are validated.
Furthermore, the list of errors and issues that can be solved via this tool is mentioned along with their fixation steps.