QuickBooks Errors is extensively utilized by small and medium-sized organizations because it offers consumer-centric accounting and business process solutions. It provides tools to make these operations easier for its users and to resolve any issues that may arise. QuickBooks relies on a number of different components to run smoothly, and if one of these fails, the entire operation suffers.
To fix such issues, QuickBooks includes the QuickBooks File Doctor, which diagnoses and repairs key components. We’ll walk you through the steps to download and run the File Doctor tool to fix a variety of issues you can encounter when using the QuickBooks Desktop application in this article.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor, and how does it work?
QuickBooks File Doctor is a free program integrated with QuickBooks that helps users fix typical data damage and network difficulties in QuickBooks Company Files. QBFD is primarily recognized for resolving a 6000 series of problems and warnings that occur when using QuickBooks in multi-user mode. If you’re using an older version of QuickBooks and the File Doctor function isn’t available, you can download it from a third-party website.
IMPORTANT: Intuit has recently made some changes to how troubleshooting tools are accessible and used. Previously, each QuickBooks utility, such as the QuickBooks Install Diagnostics Tool, Clean Installation Tool, Refresher Tool, and File Doctor, had to be downloaded separately from separate download URLs. Intuit has introduced QuickBooks Tool Hub, a single application that may be used to launch all other troubleshooting tools, following a major change and for user convenience. If QuickBooks File Doctor isn’t available in the current version of QuickBooks Desktop, it can now be found under the Tool hub.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Obtaining QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is available for download on Intuit’s website in the tools section, or you may click here to download it. If the program is already installed on your computer or came in the QuickBooks installer package, you should not download it again. To install the tool on your computer, follow these steps after downloading it.
- As an administrator, log on to your computer.
- Double-click the installer file to run it (Qbfd.exe).
- By pressing the ‘Run’ button, the program installs.
- To finish the installation, follow the on-screen directions.
- To complete the installation procedure, click the ‘Finish’ button.
- When prompted to sign in, open the tool and enter your QuickBooks login credentials.
- When prompted to pick between a Host PC and a Workstation, select one of the alternatives.
The tool is now ready to use, and you may use it to fix any mistakes that may arise.
The Benefits of Using File Doctor QuickBooks
Before you use File Doctor QuickBooks, there are a few things you should keep in mind. The following are some of them:
- Make sure you’re logged in as an administrator.
- While utilizing it, make sure you’re connected to the internet so the file can be uploaded.
- For the program to perform effectively, the company file should not be greater than 2 GB.
- For the program to function properly, you should install only one version of QuickBooks.
- Because the utility is only compatible with Windows versions of QuickBooks, it cannot be used with Mac versions of the software.
- The standalone version of QuickBooks Doctor can only be used to fix the QuickBooks Database server manager component for file hosting.
Errors that QB File Doctor can help you fix
The QB File Doctor utility may be used to fix a wide range of problems and error messages. Before we look at the comprehensive procedure, let’s have a look at a quick list of the difficulties that the tool can solve. The errors are listed here for your convenience:
- Errors in the 6000 series, such as 6150, 6000-82, and 6000-301, are examples.
- Multi-user mode errors, such as the H- series of failures. Errors like H101, H202, and others are widespread.
- If you’re having trouble connecting to the internet when using QuickBooks because of file damage or a setting inconsistency, you can use the QuickBooks File Doctor to fix it.
- Up to a certain level of corruption or damage in a Company file, the File Doctor can effectively resolve it.
- If you are unable to open a company file due to file or component damage, the problem can be easily resolved using the tool.
What is the procedure for repairing a QuickBooks company file?
If you’re wondering how to fix the QuickBooks Company File after downloading and installing the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, follow these steps.
- To search for and open the application, go to your computer’s ‘Start’ menu, or click on the icon on your desktop.
- When the application launches, either manually searches for the company file or use the drop-down menu to find it.
- Select ‘Check File Damage Only’ from the drop-down menu.
- To begin the process, select the ‘Diagnose File’ option.
- The admin password will be required in the next step.
- It’s possible that you’ll be asked if you wish to upgrade your file. It is a step that can be skipped if desired.
- It will begin to fix the files once you click the ‘Next’ button.
- After the process is finished, you can use your files.
How do I utilize QuickBooks’ built-in repair tool?
QuickBooks 2016 and later versions include a built-in QuickBooks Repair Tool that may be used to quickly repair file damage and corruption. The procedure is as follows:
- Start your QuickBooks Desktop program, but don’t open the Company File.
- Navigate to the ‘File’ menu, then to the ‘Utilities’ section.
- Select ‘Repair File and Network Problems’ from the drop-down menu.
- The Company File will be opened for you.
- After clicking the ‘Show Advanced Settings’ drop-down menu, select the type of repair options from the drop-down menu that displays.
- When prompted, enter your credentials and then click the ‘Next’ option.
- After the operation is finished, open the file.
We discussed the different advantages of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool in this article. It can be useful for resolving a variety of issues that may arise while using the QuickBooks Desktop application. After reading this post, you should be able to download, install, and use the file doctor tool to address your problems. If you’re still having problems and need assistance from a professional, then get in touch with us.