Are you facing an issue related to QuickBooks error? Want to know how to resolve this QuickBooks error? Don’t worry we are here to provide you with information related to QuickBooks errors. In this article, we discuss how to resolve QuickBooks error 15106 and its causes.
QuickBooks Error 15106 is a common issue that appears when the user updates the payroll software. It implies that the updated programs were disrupted. The QuickBooks update error occurs when the QuickBooks Payroll users try to enable the update. When this error appears on your device then you will receive an error message like “The update program or the damaged program cannot be opened”.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15106
- When a user didn’t use their window account as an admin.
- The antivirus or firewall is blocking the QuickBooks from updating.
- UAC is interrupting the update to download.
- If there are corrupted installation files.
- Doesn’t have the proper administrative right.
- When malware programs disturb the updating process.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15106
There are some methods to follow to resolve QuickBooks Error 15106 from your system. Follow the below-mentioned steps:-
Method 1- QuickBooks as an Admin
- Firstly, close your QuickBooks and then, move to the desktop.
- Then right-click on the QuickBooks icon and choose to Run as an Administrator.
- Then, try again to download the update.
Method 2- Close Anti-Virus and Rename QuickBooks Update
The anti-virus application may stop the updates to get downloaded. You have to stop this by following the below-mentioned steps:-
- Go to Task Manager or tap the Ctrl+Shift+Esc key together.
- Search the anti-virus app under the Processes tab and choose it.
- Now, click on the End Process key and exit from the Task Manager.
After that, you have to rename the QuickBooks Update folder so that system can create a new folder to store:-
- Firstly, go to the File Explorer and then follow the path- C:\Program Files (or Program Files[ x86], if you are a 64-bit user) \Intuit \QuickBooks (year)\ Components.
- Then, search for the download qbxx folder and click on it.
- Click on the rename option and Add .LOP at the end of the file name.
- Now, press Enter key and save the changes.
- Lastly, try to update to fix the QuickBooks Error 15106
Method 3- UAC Setting Turn Off
UAC stands for the User Account Control and it will notify you whenever a change will occur in the window OS needs to authorize. Now, follow the below-mentioned steps to turn off the UAC and This is critical to the system’s security.
So, we recommend you turn it on by following the same steps:-
- First, go to the Control Panel, then click on User Account and choose the User account (classic view).
- Then tap on the Change User Account Control Setting and if a prompt appears then click on yes.
- After that, you will see a slider to never notify to always notify. You have to move the slider to Never Notify to turn it off. (if you want to turn it on then move the slider to Always Notify).
- At last, restart your system and download the update.
Method 4- In Selective Startup Clean Install QuickBooks
This is important to clean the QuickBooks application to refresh the corrupted QuickBooks installation files. If you are facing any issue while doing it in normal mode then you have to switch to selective startup mode. Ensure that you will get the backup of your company files. Now, follow the below-mentioned steps to switch in selective startup mode to clean install QuickBooks:-
- Firstly, you have to open the Run Window by pressing the Windows+R key together.
- On the Run window enter the Msconfig and click on Enter button.
- Then, the System Configuration window will open and move to click on the General tab.
- Now, go to the selective startup and load system services.
- After that, open the services tab and click on the box ‘Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Then, tap on the Disable All button.
- Now, reverse the action performed in the fifth step by clicking on the checkbox against Hide All Microsoft Services.
- Now, make sure that the checkbox against Windows Installer has ticked on it.
- Tap on the Ok key and restart your window.
- When the window opens then uninstall the QuickBooks application and then again install it.
- After the clean installation.
- Again perform the first three steps like opening the Run Windows by pressing the Window+R key and then typing Msconfig on it. But, you have to go to Normal Startup.
- At last, click on the OK button and again select the Restart option on the Window.
Read More: Why use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool?
In this article, we discuss how to fix the QuickBooks Error 15106 – Fixing Guide. I hope this article will be helpful for you and resolve all the issues from your system. And may you follow all the steps correctly to fix this error. If you have any other issues then visit our other articles also to fix them.