CBC test means measuring the essential components of blood: Red Blood Cells, White Blood Cells, Blood Platelets, Hemoglobin, and Hematocrit.
CBC test full form is the Complete Blood Count test, and it is a part of a hemogram test to determine the blood health of a patient. It is also an important test of a complete body check-up package.
The answer to “what is a CBC test?” lies below:-
A Complete Blood Count test measures the following parts of the blood:
- Red Blood Cells: It is made in the bone marrow and carries oxygen from the lungs to other body parts.
- White Blood Cells: It is an element of the immune system and helps the body fight against any viral or bacterial infection.
- Blood Platelets help the blood clot during any severe injury or bleeding.
- Haemoglobin: It is a protein present in Red Blood Cells to carry oxygen to various body parts.
- Hematocrit: It measures the balance of Red Blood Cells in the blood.
A rise or fall in the level of any of the components leads to the birth of different types of blood diseases in the body.
Importance of Complete Blood Count Test
The CBC test is done for the following reasons:
- To get the complete status of your overall health: The CBC blood test is essential in getting the full status of your blood health as well as your overall health.
- To detect a specific medical condition of the body: The test helps diagnose different types of blood cell disorders in the body.
- Keep an eye on the medical condition as well as the treatment: The doctor uses a CBC test to detect a medical condition and to monitor the treatment being applied.
The CBC test normal range for the different components of the blood are:
- Red Blood Cells: The average range is 4.35-5.65 trillion cells/L for males and 3.92-5.13 trillion cells/L for females.
- White Blood Cells: The average range is 3.4 to 9.6 billion cells/L.
- Hemoglobin: The normal range for the CBC test is 13.2 to 16.6 grams/dL in males and 11.6-15 grams/dL for females.
- Hematocrit: It is 38.3 to 48.6% for males, and for females, it is 35.5 to 44.9%.
- Blood Platelets: It is 135 to 317 billion/L for males and 157 to 371 billion/L for females.
CBC Test Report
If the CBC Test Report is normal, then a patient is absolutely fine. On the other hand, if there is the slightest change in the level of the blood components, then one might get a blood cell disease.
In relation to blood cell disorders, let’s look at some of the blood diseases and it s symptoms.
Type of Blood Disease and its Symptoms
The types of blood disease are:
It is a type of disease which occurs due to a lack of Red Blood Cells in the body. Inadequate Red Blood Cells prevent the body from carrying oxygen to the body.
The symptoms are:
- Chest Pain
- Pale Skin
- Shortening of breath
When the body cannot clot the blood during a severe injury or bleeding, it leads to a health condition known as hemophilia.
The symptoms are as follows:
- Nose bleeding
- Blood in the urine
- Pain and swelling in the joint
- Deep cuts and bruises
It is a condition when the number of white blood cells increases. The following symptoms imply the presence of leucocytosis in the body.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Blurry vision
- Weight loss
Thalassemia occurs when the number of hemoglobin is less in the body. The symptoms are:
- Dark Urine
- Yellowish skin
- Deformation of facial bone
If you are currently experiencing any of the symptoms, you must immediately go for a CBC test from a renowned laboratory.
CBC Test Price
The CBC test price ranges from Rs. 150 to 350 in India. Connect with a trusted diagnostic center to know about CBC test prices near me.
For detailed information about CBC test prices Delhi, get in touch with Redcliffe Labs today.
The procedure for the Complete Blood Count Test
The Complete Blood Count test is simple. The doctor first collects a sample of blood from the patient, and a sample of blood is taken from the vein of the arm and then sent to the laboratory for further analysis.
It is not necessary to fast before the test. If the test is done for some additional analysis, a patient needs to fast for 8 to 10 hrs before the test to get an accurate CBC Test Report.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) by the Patients
What does a doctor check in a Complete Blood Count Test?
The doctor checks the count the number of blood components in the body like:
- Red Blood Cells
- White Blood Cells
- Blood Platelets
How often should one go for a CBC test?
A CBC test should be done once a year to keep yourself updated with the blood health of the body. The blood disease can strike the body due to a genetic disorder or if a particular disease is already there in a person’s family history.
On the other hand, it also takes place due to a lifestyle change or when one starts leading an unhealthy lifestyle. Hence, a person must stick to a healthy lifestyle to be free from disease.
This type of blood disease can be life-threatening if proper treatment is not taken at the right time. If you see that your health is deteriorating, look out for a CBC test price to proceed with the test.
Stay connected with the team of Redcliffe Labs, a diagnostic centre in India for more information about the latest test and treatments.