Travelling is one of the most fun and therapeutic experiences you can ever have alone or with friends and family. Perhaps the most efficient, comfortable, and quickest means of traveling is air. According to research by Ian Savage of Northwestern University, air travel is the safest means of transportation. Yet, planes can be tedious and sometimes uncomfortable, especially during a long flight.
There’s a way to make sure that all your flights are primarily enjoyable, comfortable, and relaxing, and we’ll reveal them in these five tips to enjoy your air travel experience. Get ready because this flight is about to take off!
1. Arrive at the Airport Early
The quest for enjoying your flight starts long before takeoff. Make sure you leave home hours before your flight, regardless of how the traffic situation looks. It is advised to check in at least 24 hours before the date you intend to travel. With the ever-changing travel restrictions and new airport protocols, you’re never sure what to expect. These new protocols can delay you even further, which can either dampen your mood or enthusiasm for the flight.
Getting to the airport early also means you stand the chance of getting some of the best seats available. You also have the opportunity to enjoy the airline’s dining and shopping facilities when you show up before takeoff.
2. Wear Comfortable Clothing
When traveling by air, comfort is essential. There will always be periods of discomfort on long flights, and you can ease them by wearing comfortable clothing and accessories. Carry an extra pair of comfortable footwear for your feet. This will come in handy as you strive for room to stretch your legs.
Also, you can bring your seat cushion or neck pillow. These items provide additional comfort on your flight and help you relax better. Try taking some CBD. Find our more about it here to boost relaxation on the journey. Eating CBD supplements can help you relax without getting you high. However, you must check with TSA guidelines about carrying CBD gummies while traveling.
3. Conduct your Check-in Procedures Online
You go through various processes before being cleared to fly. Besides the traditional means of checking in at the airport, you can now check in online. Checking in online is easy and quick. However, these are not the only reasons to do this procedure online. It also makes your boarding process faster as you no longer have to wait in line at the airport. You only have to show proof that you’ve completed the process online, of which they already have the data.
4. Download Enough Entertainment on your Device
You might need to learn the hard way never to rely on the flight entertainment system. It can let you down in many ways and make your journey seem longer than it is. While these entertainment systems work sometimes, there are other days where you would turn them on and stare at a blank screen.
Even when the screen is on, what you see is what you get. To enjoy your flight, you want to be in control of what you watch and your all-around entertainment. Therefore, provide your entertainment for the flight. Start compiling a playlist before your travel date. Ensure that you download enough music for the duration of the flight. Also, download movies or games on your mobile device as well. As long as you’re entertained, enjoying your flight is almost inevitable.
5. Pack Travel Essentials
Ensure to carry your essential gear to make the flight more comfortable. The more comfortable you are on a flight, the more your chances of enjoying it are. When boarding a flight, ensure to take these items:
- Compression socks. These pairs of socks come in handy, especially at varying altitudes during the flight. Likewise, the sitting position could make it challenging to stretch your legs or toes, hindering proper blood flow. Compression socks aid adequate circulation of blood and oxygen throughout the legs.
- Eye masks. You may need this essential eyewear while traveling. They help you keep the lights from penetrating your eyes, distracting your sleep. Thanks to these eye masks, you don’t get flustered when someone opens the blinds and rays of sunlight come in through the window.
- Luggage hugger. How many times have you been caught in a war of words with another passenger over your luggage? Perhaps too many to count. With the luggage hugger, you can easily spot your belonging from a distance.
- Bluetooth luggage tracker. These gadgets are practical for tracking your belongings. You can attach them to your luggage and track the device using the mobile app. It can help you quickly locate your luggage up to 100 feet away.
Besides the array of treats for your taste buds and getting to your destination faster, air travel can be boring if you don’t prepare. Having an enjoyable flight begins with your preparation. Be punctual, pack your essential items, and bring your entertainment set up for the trip. Start following these tips, and your travel experience won’t be the same.